The Graphic Design Festival Paris is focusing particular attention on promoting young design and its capacity for innovation.
One of the main Festival events, the Creative Night will be an evening of exchange between graphic design professionals and those who are interested in the industry, a moment of experimentation and sharing centred on this discipline.
Workshops, conferences, talks, exhibitions…the Creative Night programme will be held at NUMA to assemble the young graphic design community and to create new synergies between young designers and those who are curious to learn more..
NUMA GROUND FLOOR
18H30 CONFERENCE ‘NUMA CHANGES THEIR COLOURS’
In 2016, NUMA changed their brand identity. The Creative Night offers an occasion for them to revisit the creation of their new graphic vision with the Artistic Director of NUMA, Laurianne Birre. This conference will be followed by 2 guided visits around the space to explore the application of this vision (reservation required).
19H30 PECHA KUCHA GRAPHIC DESIGN EDITION
A presentation using the tried and tested formula: 20 slides, 20 seconds per slide – slightly more than 6 minutes to pitch your project or work to the public! For this evening, there will be around 10 graphic design presenters who have been selected to animate this Pecha Kucha event by the Design Project agency and the Graphic Design Festival. Over to you!
21H30 LAUNCH OF NEW ISSUE OF KIBLIND MAGAZINE – #59 : LEGENDS
To celebrate the launch of issue 59 of Kiblind Magazine, devoted to legends, multiple events have been planned:
- ADOBE CREATIVE HAPPENING : Adobe and Kiblind are coming together to organise an event putting the creative process on stage – from illustration to motion design. A motion designer will also create live animations from the work of illustrators, based on a theme chosen by the public, integrating images sourced from Adobe Stock.
- AN EXHIBITION OF ORIGINAL CREATIONS : Original creations in large format taken from the Legends issue will be exhibited during the evening. Artists include: Ugo Gattoni, Amina Bouajila, Avalon Lewis, Teddy Kang, Matthias Picard, Lili des Bellons, Thoka Maer, Christina Daura, Alice Wietzel and Geoffroy Monde.
- AN HOMAGE TO THE LEGEND OF ZELDA : To relive the legend of a generation – Zelda: Majora’s Mask – masks made from DIY scratch cards will be available to the public, as well as a photo booth giving you the chance to immortalise your creation.
- A DJ SET FROM PLAISIR PARTAGÉ : DJ SET from the Paris-based music label.
- KIBLIND MAGAZINES AVAILABLE !
18H30 NEW BLOOD BRIEFING BY D&AD
The English association D&AD will present their young design programme, New Blood. Each year, D&AD showcases the talent of tomorrow through a festival, an academy and an award. The conference will be followed by Portfolio Surgery for a pre-selected group of graphic design students.
19H30 ADOBE CONFERENCE
At the invitation of Adobe, two French graphic designers will take the stage to share their sources of inspiration and present their work methods using Creative Cloud and Adobe Stock, a repository of creative resources integrated with the Adobe Creative Cloud applications. The NUMA walls will also be decorated with illustrations from the best Adobe Stock contributors.
21H30 SCREENINGS BY VICE – THE CREATORS PROJECT
Vice – The Creators Project will animate the terrace with screenings and presentations of several short documentaries that they have produced, honouring the personalities behind the contemporary artistic scene.
NUMA CREATIVITY ROOM
18H30 SPEED-MOTIF WORKSHOP BY 110 PAR MINUTE
Speed Motif is speed-dating for patterns! The 100 par Minute collective, lovers of patterns in all forms, invite young graphic designers to participate in a collective performance with one goal only: invent the most patterns possible over the course of several hours and changing themes.
As part of this workshop, Adobe is proposing to create experience of print process technology by allowing people to take photos of and print the patterns created during this event using the application Adobe Capture CC.
18H – 20H NOVA CLUB CREATIVE NIGHT EDITION
Radio NOVA will install their studio at NUMA for a special Creative Night edition of NOVA CLUB hosted by Marie Misset and Sophie Marchand.
This event has been organised with the support of the Ministry of Culture and Communication, JCDecaux, Adobe and NUMA